With a task-based learning approach, the main objective is for students to use the language that they know in order to achieve a particular communication goal. Generally focussed on speaking, tasks are opportunities for in-class communication which encourages fluency and confidence.
New Cutting Edge features:
- A comprehensive syllabus with thorough grammar, vocabulary and skills work
- Systematic vocabulary building which focuses on high-frequency, useful words and phrases
- Clearly-structured tasks to encourage student fluency and confidence
Challenge your students with the ‘Study, Practice, Remember’ sections.
Motivate your students with the self-study CD-ROMs which have additional grammar and vocabulary practice, plus ‘Real life’ video sequences.
Engage your students with New Cutting Edge Digital – software for interactive whiteboards.
Mini-dictionary included inside every Student’s Book
MyCuttingEdgeLab provides an online learning environment where teachers can assign tasks for students to complete outside of class. Grades from these activities are automatically placed in the student gradebook for the teacher to view.
- Better mapping of student progress
- Increased personalisation for learners enabling teachers to identify where students need extra support
- A range of communication tools enabling teachers to set tasks and provide feedback outside of the classroom